[R] Is there a package for EFA with multiple groups?

Elizabeth Barrett-Cheetham ebarrettcheetham at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 06:46:08 CEST 2014

Hello R users,

I’m hoping to run an exploratory and confirmatory factor analysis on a
psychology survey instrument. The data has been collected from
multiple groups, and it’s likely that the data is hierarchical/has 2nd
order factors.

It appears that the lavaan package allows me to run a multiple group
hierarchical confirmatory factor analysis. Yet, I can’t locate a
package that can run the equivalent exploratory analysis.

Could anyone please direct me to an appropriate package?

Many thanks,

Elizabeth