[R] Dependency Injection & Inversion of Control for Data

Tue Jul 29 19:10:48 CEST 2014

Color me mystified. In particular, "preprocessing at the time of analysis"... what is wrong with writing a function that gets your data and cleans it up, then calling it when you feel the time is right?

Note that R is optimized for vector processing (columns), not row-by-row processing, so the sooner you embrace this paradigm will be the sooner you will be productive with it. Where your data do not match this structure the most effective strategy is to transform it to that structure, perhaps using Rcpp or an external tool.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing