[R] distance by sea

Thu Jun 5 16:16:17 CEST 2014

If it is possible at all (and I suspect it is) then it should be possible in R. However, your question is lazy... you should not be asking about black boxes that magically solve your problem, but rather do a search for algorithms that accomplish your goals (wouldn't you want to know if someone had found a solution that handled staying on land?), and then search for (using Google or RSiteSearch or package sos) implementations of the algorithm. At least that way you would encounter options to help do it yourself or use a different tool for that task if no canned solution were available.
Also, the R-sig-geo list would be more likely to have expertise in this area, especially if you described some algorithms you had already looked at.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing