[R] detect escape character

Adrian Dușa dusa.adrian at unibuc.ro
Fri Jun 6 04:38:53 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 8:44 PM, David Winsemius <dwinsemius at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Jun 3, 2014, at 11:03 AM, Adrian Dușa wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I should be knowing this, but not get it right...
>
> I'm a little surprised to see you ask this, too, but we each have lacunae in our R knowledge, so I hope this helps:

Thanks very much David, yes indeed sometimes even the most basic
things can slip out... but I am grateful for this r-help list.
Apologies for the late reply, I am attending a conference all the way
in Toronto and the difference in time plus the activity here makes it
a bit more difficult to catch up.

Best wishes,
Adrian

--