[R] halfwidth in twoord.plot

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Fri Jun 6 12:45:53 CEST 2014

On Fri, 6 Jun 2014 10:38:24 AM Shane Carey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could someone please explain (in lay mans terms) what the halfwidth
> variable in the twoord.plot does. I dont understand it.

Hi Shane,
The halfwidth argument is used to set the width of bars if any are
displayed. As the x units of a plot are often successive integers, the
default halfwidth argument leaves spaces of about one fifth the width of
the bars. If other explicit x values are passed, the spaces may be too
narrow or the bars may overlap. It is up to the user to set halfwidth to a
value that "looks nice".

Jim