[R] Forst Plot: Multipage Output

David L Carlson dcarlson at tamu.edu
Tue Jun 10 16:31:32 CEST 2014

If you have a pdf driver such as CutePDF (free), you can use it to divide the large plot Jim suggested into smaller sheets using poster mode. You can open the multipage pdf in Word and it will convert the pdf pages but you will lose any labelling that is not horizontal. The alternative would be to open the multipage pdf file using Irfanview (free) and save the pages as raster files (tif or png) for import into Word.

e.g.

> pdf("Test.pdf", width=22, height=17)
> plot(runif(100), runif(100), pch=16, las=1)
> dev.off()

Using las=1 will print the y-axis labels horizontally. Now open Test.pdf in Acrobat Reader and print to CutePDF using the poster mode.

David L Carlson
Department of Anthropology
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77840-4352