[R] Standard Deviation in R

Greg Snow 538280 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 21:05:10 CEST 2014

The help page ?sd (I only checked version 3.1.0) has as the 1st
sentence in the details section: "Like ‘var’ this uses denominator n -
1." and on the help page ?var in the details section (though down in
the 3rd paragraph from the end) there is this sentence: "The
denominator n - 1 is used which gives an unbiased estimator of the
(co)variance for i.i.d. observations."

How can the R documentation state it more explicitly than that?