[R] fitting grid-based models

Thomas Petzoldt thpe at simecol.de
Tue Jun 17 10:47:54 CEST 2014

On 17.06.2014 10:37, Javier Rodríguez Pérez wrote:
> Hi Thomas, Thank you very much for your help. I will try to calculate
> some summary statistics and fit observed and simulated data using a
> time series (as your examples). With observed data, I would use two
> values (e.g. 0 and 10), because I do not have intermediate values.
> Thanks! Javier

Fitting models is often more an art than a science, but there are also
approaches to overcome the dilemma, cf.:

Piou, C. Berger, U., Gririmm, V. (2009) Proposing an information
criterion for individual-based models developed in a pattern-oriented
modelling framework. Ecological modelling 220(17) 1957-1967. DOI:
10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2009.05.003

... and related work about individual-based models and pattern oriented
modelling, e.g. the book of Grimm and Railsback.

Thomas