[R] Publication-ready figures with two plots

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Thu Jun 19 09:45:06 CEST 2014

Dear Adam,

ggsave() works only with single ggplot object. You need the standard R way of saving those plots.
1) open a suitable device
2) plot the figures
3) close the device

tiff(filename = "Figure 1.tiff", scale = 1, width = 10, height = 5, units = "cm", dpi = 300)
grid.arrange(plot1, plot2, ncol=2)
dev.off()

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature and Forest
Kliniekstraat 25
1070 Anderlecht
Belgium
+ 32 2 525 02 51
+ 32 54 43 61 85
Thierry.Onkelinx op inbo.be
www.inbo.be

To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of data.
~ John Tukey