[R] Reading in a csv - 2 different results

svendeswan schmeier at dfki.de
Fri Jun 20 12:42:32 CEST 2014

Hi,
I am a beginner in R and already read and (thought that I) understood the R
introduction tutorial. However there is this reading .csv which I cant
solve. The question is: Why has data in the both cases a different content?

I have a directory containing one .csv file.

Version 1:
data <- read.csv(<<dir+filename>>)

Version 2:
temp <- paste(c("dir/"), list.files("dir"), sep = "“)
data <- sapply(temp, read.csv)

Thanks for the replies and sorry if this question has been posted already
and I didn't see it,
Sven

p.s.: I am asking this because Version 2 gives me the possibility to read a
whole directory with .csv files into one list