[R] Reading in a csv - 2 different results

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 08:23:28 CEST 2014

On 21 Jun 2014, at 20:20 , David Winsemius <dwinsemius at comcast.net> wrote:

> # In the line above we see non-matching double quotes. I would have guessed that it would throw an error or simple ask you for more input due to the non matching quotes..
>> data <- sapply(temp, read.csv)
>
> If that is not the problem (and I suspect is is a typo, then without knowing he specifics of the differences, I do not see it as answerable in it present form.

Looks like a solution was found anyway. Just let me add that sapply() will _s_implify the list of results, possibly mangling it in in unspeakable ways, or at the very least waste time trying to do so. As you probably don't need that, use lapply().

-pd

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501