[R] Help partimat()

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Tue Jun 24 12:11:41 CEST 2014

On 23.06.2014 19:28, daniel_stahl at operamail.com wrote:
> I am  a bit late for this discussion but hope that I might still get an
> answer. I tried to follow your advice and had a look at "drawparti" but
> could not find the relevant section about how to plot specific pairs of
> variables
>
> I am trying to plot only a few combinations a few several combinations
> but always received an error message: For example here I tried to plot
> variable 2 with all other variables (=3 to 10). [,1] is my grouping
> variable.
>
>   drawparti(mydata[,1] ~ mydata[,2], mydata[,3:10], data = mydata,
> method = "rda", gamma=0,lamda=1)
>
> Error in rda.formula(grouping ~ x + y, data = cbind.data.frame(grouping
> = grouping,  :
>    formal argument "data" matched by multiple actual arguments

As I said a year ago, partimat is the worker for drawparti and hence
does not have the most convenient interface, hence you want soemthig like:

What you want is something like:

par(mfrow = c(4,2))
for(i in 3:10)
   drawparti(mydata[,1], mydata[,2], mydata[,i], method = "rda",
gamma=0, lamda=1)

Best,
Uwe Ligges