[R] Error in foo[[1:3]] : recursive indexing failed at level 2

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Fri Jun 27 05:29:55 CEST 2014

foo[[1:3]] asks for the 3rd member of the second component of the list
 that is nested within the 1st component of the top level list. You
have no nested sublists, so this is clearly nonsense. You need to
re-read ?"[" or consult The Introduction to R or other online tutorial
to understand the semantics of "[["  with a vector of indices as
argument.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter