[R] yet another regular expression

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Mon Jun 30 15:13:18 CEST 2014

Hi all,
I have managed, with the help of glob2rx() to get two parts of a text
manipulation working. I have successfully gotten rid of the first and
second bits, but I have hit the wall trying to get rid of the last bit. Here's
an example:

initString<-
 "\"Delete this\":value1,\"Delete this too\":value2},Delete last bit"
sub("\"Delete this too\":","",
 sub(glob2rx("*this\":*"),"",initString),fixed=TRUE)

This gives me:

[1] "value1,value2},Delete last bit"

and glob2rx("},*") just won't get rid of the last bit. I throw myself upon
the mercy of the regular expression gurus.

Jim