[R] R bug on survival library Windows 7

CASTELLI christel christel.CASTELLI at chu-nimes.fr
Thu Mar 13 17:29:49 CET 2014

Dear All,

I have updated my OS - Windows 7, and I found a situation where R stops working
with reported error "R for Windows GUI front-end has stopped working".  My script worked before (on windows XP).

The error occured when I perform this:

coxph(Surv(time,event)~F11_rs2036914+frailty(n), data=base)

from survival library.

If I delete the specification frailty(n) this works! But I have clustered data and need this specification.

Here is my system information:
R version 3.0.2 (2013-09-25)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=French_France.1252  LC_CTYPE=French_France.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=French_France.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=French_France.1252
attached base packages:

Do someone meet this problem?

Anyone has some idea how to avoid this crash in Windows 7 system?

Note that I can't go back on windows XP because my institution do the choice of windows 7.

Sincerely,

Christel Castelli, PhD
Ingénieur biostatisticien
Responsable de la cellule médico-économie
Département BESPIM
CHU de Nîmes