[R] Setting Plot() Window Shape

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Mar 31 16:57:18 CEST 2014

   I've read ?plot, ?plot.default, and ?plot.window to learn how to change
the shape of the plot from a square to a rectangle. plot.window suggests
that the aspect (asp) parameter is appropriate but that associates the x
axis size to the value of the y axis and, plot.window suggests that it is
better to make such adjustments with plot itself. My Web searches have not
found examples of how to do this.

   For most plots, the square shape is suitable; for time series plots I'd
prefer a rectangular shape specifying the lengths of the x and y axes.
Please point me to the docs that will teach me how to do this.

TIA,

Rich