[R] reshape non-square matrix

arun smartpink111 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 1 16:30:29 CET 2014

Hi,
You could try:
#If mat1 is the matrix
dimnames(mat1) <- list(1:nrow(mat1),1:ncol(mat1))
setNames(as.data.frame.table(mat1),c("m","n","value"))
A.K.

On Friday, February 28, 2014 11:40 PM, Chirag Gupta <cxg040 at email.uark.edu> wrote:
Hi list

I have a matrix of size m x n (m and n are different, hence non square!)
I want to melt it in such a way that I get a df of 3 columns. m ,n and cell
value in the original matrix.

Any suggestions?

--
*Chirag Gupta*
Department of Crop, Soil, and Environmental Sciences,

    [[alternative HTML version deleted]]