[R] Sweave: cat() in a chunk with option results=texdoesn'tproducelinebreaks at the end of a character string anymore

Gerrit Eichner Gerrit.Eichner at math.uni-giessen.de
Wed Mar 5 15:29:28 CET 2014

Thanks, Duncan,

but, sorry, including

\SweaveOpts{strip.white=true}

doesn't help. Have tried that before and forgot to mention; sorry!

BTW: using \SweaveOpts{strip.white="true"}, i.e., with quotation marks as
requested in RweaveLatex()'s help file, throws out

Error in match.arg(options$strip.white, c("true", "false", "all")) :
   'arg' should be one of "true", "false", "all"

which used to happen before (on my system) so that I used to use it w/o
quotes successfully. (!?)

Still big question marks ... Any further ideas?

  Regards -- Gerrit