[R] Negative binomial models and censored observations

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at uibk.ac.at
Fri Mar 14 11:58:21 CET 2014

On Thu, 13 Mar 2014, Tim Marcella wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working with hurdle models in the pscl package to model zero
> inflated overdispersed count data and want to incorporate censored
> observations into the equation. 33% of the observed positive count data
> is right censored, i.e. subject lost to follow up during the duration of
> the study. Can this be accounted for in the hurdle() function?

No, this is currently not supported. If the censoring points are fixed
(e.g., counts of "5" actually mean "5 or more") then using an ordinal
model might be an alternative to using a count model. However, if the
censoring points differ, then I wouldn't know of a package that provides
this out of the box...