[R] Help using order with data.frame

Sun Mar 16 06:13:52 CET 2014

It is not order that you are having difficulty with... it is name scope. Your "z" is not a standalone variable, but a column in your "t" data frame.

Try

t[order(t$z), ]

Note that "t" is the name of a commonly-used function in R that transposes matrices. It is generally not a good idea to reuse names like that, but it can be puzzling to avoid when you are new. I type the name of the variable I want to create alone on an interactive R console before I create it... if it tells me that variable is not defined then I proceed.

You should also avoid posting HTML email to this list, as what we see is often not what you see. Read the Posting Guide for more useful advice on using the list.

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing