[R] How to importing a CVS file with multiple tables?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Mar 21 09:49:17 CET 2014

On Mar 20, 2014, at 1:30 PM, jcrosbie wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how to import data into a dataframe in R.
> The table I'm trying to import is:
> HistoricalTradingReportServlet.csv
> <http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4687246/HistoricalTradingReportServlet.csv>
>
> I would like to add two more column for each block of data to have the
> HourEnding and date beside the data.
>
> How would I go about importing a table like this into R?

Some of the features of this problem are similar to one I addressed on SO:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22001951/block-wise-ascii-text-file-as-input

I've seen postings and answers to similar problems on Rhelp but searching would be your responsibility:

http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aorg.r-project.r-help

--
David.

> line 1) is blank
> line 2) is blank
> line 3) Historical Bid data for: March 19, 2013.   In Hour Ending   01
> line 4) is blank
> line 5 -infomratiom) Price after Last Restatement	 MW after Last Restatement
> Price Previous Day's Bid	 MW Previous Day's Bid
> line 6) is blank
> line 7) is blank
> line 8-infomratiom) Historical Offer data for: March 19, 2013.   In Hour
> Ending    01
> line 9) is blank
> line 10-header) Price after Last Restatement	 MW after Last Restatement
> Price Previous Day's Offer	 MW Previous Day's Offer
>
> ...........Data.....
>
> [next table
>
> line 1) is blank
> line 2) Historical Bid data for: March 19, 2013.   In Hour Ending   01
> line 3) is blank
> line 4 -infomratiom) Price after Last Restatement	 MW after Last Restatement
> Price Previous Day's Bid	 MW Previous Day's Bid
> line 5) is blank
> line 6) is blank
> line 7-infomratiom) Historical Offer data for: March 19, 2013.   In Hour
> Ending    01
> line 8) is blank
> line 9-header) iPrice after Last Restatement	 MW after Last Restatement
> Price Previous Day's Offer	 MW Previous Day's Offer
>

> --

Nabble is NOT the R Archive

--

David Winsemius