[R] SQL vs R

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Sat May 3 23:58:20 CEST 2014

On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 5:42 PM, Rolf Turner <r.turner at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> On 04/05/14 00:05, Dr Eberhard W Lisse wrote:
>
>> Thank you very much, Mr Arkell.
>

> I don't get it.  Can anyone explain the (joke? allusion?) ?

I believe it's a moderately offensive reply from someone who feels
unfairly dismissed, derived from British pop culture. But someone
who's actually British could better explain, I'm sure.

Personally, I'm not sure how much work someone who appears to have not
read the posting guide should really expect the list to do on his
behalf. But snarky replies to reasonable requests to read the
documentation are easier than doing one's own work.

Sarah

> cheers,
>
> Rolf Turner
>
>> On 2014-05-03, 07:11 , Bert Gunter wrote:
>>>
>>> By making the effort to learn R?
>>>
>>> See e.g. the "Introduction to R" tutorial that ships with R.
>>>
>>> -- Bert
>>>
>>> Bert Gunter
>>> Genentech Nonclinical Biostatistics
>>> (650) 467-7374
>>>
>>> "Data is not information. Information is not knowledge. And knowledge
>>> is certainly not wisdom."
>>> H. Gilbert Welch

Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org