[R] logLik in betareg()

ChrisR chrissair at gmx.net
Tue May 20 15:39:41 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

I have estimated different models with the betareg() command from the
package 'betareg' (3.0-4). When I started to compare them using likelihood
ratio tests, it occured to me that the logLik() of the models increased with
increasing number of parameters. I confirmed this observations by repeating
the MockJurors example from the betareg vignette.

Now my question is, why does the loglikelihood becomes bigger with more
explanatory variables included? (Applying logLik() to the standard glm()
command yields a negative loglikelihood which moves toward zero with each
additional predictor included.)

Thanks for hints,
Chris