[R] Size of win.metafile

Jinsong Zhao jszhao at yeah.net
Tue May 27 20:43:48 CEST 2014

On 2014/5/27 11:06, Boris Steipe wrote:
> I thought so. The behaviour differs when inserting and pasting. See:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926317
>
> Googling for how to turn this autoscaling nonsense off did not yield an
> obvious result. This probably means that you'll need to adjust your
> workflow instead, e.g. by increasing the margins so your actual graph
> has the right size when the inserted object occupies the full page
> width; or possibly using a different format (pdf?). I can't help you
> further, I don't use Windows.
>
> Good luck,
> Boris

Thank you very much for your help.

My question is about the dpi information in emf file. Although vector
image has noting to do with dpi, I check the property of emf file using
``mspaint'', which display the figure in 96 dpi with size  384x384 px.

In the help file of ``win.metafile'', the xpinch and ypinch may have
something to do with the size of emf file. However, when setting it to
72 by windows.options, only the display size in screen has been changed.
It don't affect the actual plot size when saving it as emf file. It also
384x384px instead of 288x288px.

Best,
Jinsong