[R] treating missing values in timeSeries package

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Nov 3 05:34:28 CET 2014

On Nov 1, 2014, at 2:58 AM, Upananda Pani wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am getting the following error when i am using interpNA function from
> timeSeries package
>
> # Missing Value Treatment (Linear Interpolation)
>> spt = interpNA(spt, method = c("linear"))
> Error in interpNA(spt, method = c("linear")) : spt is not a tis object

It puzzles me why you have not investigated an error message that seems quite informative. When I looked at the code of timeSeries::interpNA I was puzzled that the package seems to use "timeSeries" as the class name. This error reports a different class name, but it does seem that the function is designed to take only a particular set of intputs and yours fails that test.

>> fut = interpNA(fut, method = c("linear"))
> Error in interpNA(fut, method = c("linear")) : fut is not a tis object
>> spt = ts(spt, start=c(2006,4), frequency=305)
>> fut = ts(fut, start=c(2006,4), frequency=305)
>> spt = interpNA(spt, method = c("linear"))

So the lack of an error here suggests that a ts-object might be acceptable to the same function that you were asking about.

--
David.