[R] segfault with readDCF on R 3.1.2 on AIX 6.1 when using install.packages

Vinh Nguyen vinhdizzo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 17:57:11 CET 2014

I went back and compiled older versions of R to see if this error
exists.  On R 3.0.3, I get:

debug(available.packages)
install.packages('ggplot2', dep=TRUE, repo='http://cran.stat.ucla.edu')
Browse[2]>
debug: z <- res0 <- tryCatch(read.dcf(file = tmpf), error = identity)
Browse[2]>
Error: segfault from C stack overflow

On R 2.15.3, I do not see the error.

Thanks!