[R] SVYPLOT

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Nov 20 21:56:21 CET 2014

On Nov 20, 2014, at 8:10 AM, Anthony Damico wrote:

> survey:::svyplot.default   with style="grayhex"   calls
> hexbin:::gplot.hexbin
>
> an internet search turns up lots of people asking the question "how do i
> set xlim and ylim on hexbin plots?" but i don't see any easy solutions.  :/

Looking at the code, which calls hexViewport and then at the help page for hexbin::hexViewport I see that function provides:

xbnds, ybnds
bounds for x- and y- plotting range; these default to the corresponding slots of x.

... but I do not see that there is any ellipsis provision for passing those arguments via `hexbin::gplot.hexbin`. Perhaps a bit of hacking could provide such?

--
David.

> On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Raphael Fraser <raphael.fraser at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Does not work when ,style="grayhex".
>>
>> library(survey)
>> data(api)
>> dstrat<-svydesign(id=~1,strata=~stype, weights=~pw, data=apistrat,
>> fpc=~fpc)
>> svyplot(api00~api99, design=dstrat, style="grayhex")
>> svyplot(api00~api99, design=dstrat, style="grayhex", ylim=c(500, 700))
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 9:19 AM, Adams, Jean <jvadams at usgs.gov> wrote:
>>
>>> Raphael
>>>
>>> I just ran an example from the help file, and the xlim argument worked
>>> fine.  Can you post a small example where the xlim argument doesn't work?
>>>
>>> Jean
>>>
>>> library(survey)
>>> data(api)
>>> dstrat<-svydesign(id=~1,strata=~stype, weights=~pw, data=apistrat,
>>> fpc=~fpc)
>>> svyplot(api00~api99, design=dstrat, style="bubble")