[R] Parsing Google Finance page data?

Matt Considine matt at considine.net
Fri Nov 21 02:42:16 CET 2014

Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone can point me to code to parse data on Google
Finance pages, i.e. parse the results of a URL request such as this
   http://www.google.com/finance?q=apple

I know how to return the contents of the page; it's figuring out the
best tools to parse it that I'm interested in and hopefully someone has
already done this.

(For what it is worth, the only info I am looking for are the ticker,
exchange, currency and "Mkt Cap" datapoint)

Thanks in advance for any help - scraping is not my strong suit.
Matt

---