[R] Rose Diagrams for Geology

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Fri Nov 21 17:48:34 CET 2014

> Most field mapping data I have collected has been
> either in quadrant form (rarely) or more commonly in azimuthal form
> (0-360 degrees order clockwise from the top).

You can specify that when making the 'circular' object, by using the
zero and roation arguments.  Compare the plots made by the following:
  par(mfrow=c(1,2))
  A <- circular(rep(seq(0, 180, len=11), c(1:11)), units="degrees",
zero=pi/2, rotation="clock")
  rose.diag(A)
  B <- circular(rep(seq(0, 180, len=11), c(1:11)), units="degrees")
  rose.diag(B)

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com