[R] Comparing summary hazard ratios in meta-analysis

Mario Petretta petretta at unina.it
Sun Nov 23 11:46:09 CET 2014

Many thanks again for your suggestions.

Sorry. Effectvely there was a mistake in the HR I previously submitted.

As suggested, I started from scratch and the correct HR are:

HR 3,12 (2,24-4.35)

HR 1,25 (1,03-1,52)

Mario

On 23/11/2014 09:23, Viechtbauer Wolfgang (STAT) wrote:

I actually don't see Michael suggesting that you should work with the
individual studies. My interpretation of his reply is that he is suggesting
the same thing that I have done. But in the end, you should get similar
results whether you test those two summary (log) HRs against each other or
if you work with the individual studies and test whether the summary (log)
HRs of the first set is different from the second.

I have cc-ed Michael in case I am misinterpreting his suggestion.

I had originally thought of using the individual studies as Mario
interpreted but I do not have strong feelings either way. I suppose I was
thinking of cases I have seen where either injudicious rounding or typos has
meant that it was better to start from scratch.

Best,
Wolfgang