[R] Packages for Handling Large Data Set

Greg Snow 538280 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 19:57:32 CET 2014

Look at the task view for High Performance Computing (
http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/HighPerformanceComputing.html) there is
a section on packages for large memory and out-of-memory analyses.  There
are also sections on parallel computing which is one way to deal with large
data if you have access to the right type of cluster (part of the dataset
lives on each machine so can fit in the local memory).