[R] Opening netCDF file with large number of variables but size is small in R

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 15:46:12 CEST 2014

This is really a question for a package maintainer, but you don't say which
package. Potentially ncdf4 may be slow with that many vars, try the open
with

suppress_dimvals=TRUE

as an outrageously optimistic guess if that package is the one you use. We
need more details from you, as per the posting guide.

Cheers, Mike
Dear all,

  I am trying to open a netcdf file with size 1.2 MB contains more than
3000 variables using 'netcdf' package.

 I am facing problem that it taking more than  10 minute to open this small
nc file.

Is any way to make it fast ?

 I have attached one sample nc-file along with this mail.

 Thank you all in advance.

--
DILEEPKUMAR. R
J R F, IIT DELHI