[R] optimize

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Wed Oct 1 21:53:58 CEST 2014

Change your 'max=T' to 'maximum=TRUE'.  A long time ago the '...' in
optimize's argument
list was at the end, so you could abbreviate any of its argument
names.  Now the '...' is the
third formal argument, so all the trailing arguments meant for
optimize itself must be fully
spelled out.  Otherwise they get passed to f(), which is the cause of
your error message.

(The T->TRUE is an independent issue - you may make a variable called
'T' that does not
have the value TRUE, but you cannot mask TRUE.  TRUE is a literal
value, like 123, not a
variable.)

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software