[R] How to check to see if a variable is within a range of another variable

Peter Alspach Peter.Alspach at plantandfood.co.nz
Thu Oct 2 00:54:36 CEST 2014

Tena koe Kate

If kateDF is a data.frame with your data, then

apply(kateDF, 1, function(x) isTRUE(all.equal(x[2], x[1], check.attributes = FALSE, tolerance=0.1)))

comes close to (what I think) you want (but not to what you have illustrated in your 'eventual outcome').  Anyhow, it may be enough to allow you to get there.

HTH ....

Peter Alspach