[R] Hadley's book: paper/PDF/etc. versus github

Michael Hannon jmhannon.ucdavis at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 09:55:20 CEST 2014

Hi, folks.  I've got a sort of coupon that would allow me to get a
copy of "Advanced R" by Hadley Wickham at no cost.  OTOH, I've already
cloned the github repository, and having the "live" Rmd files (or in
this case, rmd files) is enormously more useful to me than having any
form of electronic or paper format.

The only reason I can think of for getting, say, a PDF version of the
book is that corrected versions of such books are sometimes (always?)
made available for free if you've already got the PDF version of the
book.  (I know O'Reilly does this.)

But if the github version is going to continue to exist, be updated,
and be generally available, that's even better.  IS it going to exist,
be updated, and be generally available?  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

-- Mike