[R] Sum of two consecutive number in dataset.

Frederic Ntirenganya ntfredo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 10:10:50 CEST 2014

Dear All,

Thanks for the useful ideas.

This is how I solved the problem and it works well.
####################################################################################
sowdays=function(data,Year){
  Year = unique(data$Year)
  #gives you sum of rain in 2 consecutive days
  twodays <- rowSums(embed(Samaru56$Rain,2))
  # the condition of heavy rainfall
  sel <- which(twodays>=20)
  #gives you vector of row numbers in which above condition results is TRUE
value
  #Samaru56[sel,]
  D=Samaru56[sel,]
  day<- c()
  for (year in 1928: 1983){
      S <- subset(D, D$Year == year) #subset each year
      for(i in S$Day[S$Day>91]){
         if(S[S$Day == i, 3] >= 20){
            day[year-(min(Year)-1)] = i
            break
         }
      }
  }
  day
}
sowdays(Samaru56, Samaru56$Year)
I want to make it with the additional condition that there is no 10 day (or
longer) dry
spell in the next 30 days. In definition a 'dry day' is here defined as a
day with less than 0.85 mm of rain.

Any idea of how I can include this condition in the above condition is can
help me alot. Thanks.

Regards,
Fredo.