[R] add text to the first line of an output file

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Wed Oct 22 11:04:11 CEST 2014

Hello,

Just use ?cat and ?write.table with append = TRUE. Something like the
following.

txt <- "ampl.tab 2 1"
dat <- read.table(text = "
A  B
2   3
4   6
2   0
", header = TRUE)

tmp <- "tmp.txt"
cat(txt, "\n", file = tmp) " Don't forget the newline "\n"
write.table(dat, file = tmp, append = TRUE, row.names = FALSE)
#unlink(tmp)  # Clean up

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas