[R] About the availability of a new package

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 11:53:51 CET 2014

On 25/10/2014, 1:25 PM, Jingsi Zhang wrote:
> Hi
>
> How does one know the availability of CRAN packages by the name of
> publications? I know there is a long list of available packages by date of
> publications, but it's so inconvenient to find the one I need. It happened
> at least twice when I failed to repeat other's simulation results, and sent
> authors an email to request for their R codes. And they mentioned there was
> a newly developed package.  But before repeating their methods, I had
> already searched their Homepage and papers, including the supplementary
> material, but there wasn't much information about the R package they
> developed for the paper.
>
> I'll  greatly appreciate if any one know how to find the possible existing
> R package for  newly published papers.

Google should help.  For example, if you do the search

"Quantile Autoregression" site:cran.r-project.org

(which is the title of a paper by Roger Koenker in JASA, 2006), you'll
find links to vignettes in the quantreg package by him, as well as one
other package doing related things.  You can also use the sos package to
search package help pages.  (That one doesn't find anything relevant for
"Quantile Autoregression".)

Duncan Murdoch