[R] R and Newest version of Java

Antonio Paredes antonioparedes14 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 17:47:58 CET 2014

Hell All,

Last night I updated Java to it newest version and this morning when I got
to my office some of the R packages, that I am using in a current project,
are not loading at all. For example

Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'rJava', details:
  call: fun(libname, pkgname)
  error: No CurrentVersion entry in Software/JavaSoft registry! Try
re-installing Java and make sure R and Java have matching architectures.
Error: package ‘XLConnectJars’ could not be loaded

I did re-installed Java but the issue continues. Are there any known issues
associated with how R is interacting with the latest version of Java?

Thank you very much.

--
-Tony

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]