[R] How to cite R-Project

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 15:51:46 CET 2014

On 29/10/2014 8:42 AM, ROCIO SASMAY MONTANO wrote:
> Dear Sirs
>
> I'm editorial assistant of Chilean Journal of Agricultural Research and I
> need to cite R-Project with the format: STATISTICA (StatSoft, Inc., Tulsa,
> Oklahoma, USA). Could you give me the right citation?
>
> Thanks
>
> Best regards

Here's what the citation() function gives:To cite R in publications use:

   R Core Team (2014). R: A language and environment for statistical
   computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria.
   URL http://www.R-project.org/.

A BibTeX entry for LaTeX users is

   @Manual{,
     title = {R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing},
     author = {{R Core Team}},
     organization = {R Foundation for Statistical Computing},
     address = {Vienna, Austria},
     year = {2014},
     url = {http://www.R-project.org/},
   }

We have invested a lot of time and effort in creating R, please cite it
when using it for data analysis. See also ‘citation("pkgname")’ for
citing R packages.

Duncan Murdoch