[R] How to update R without losing packages

Fri Oct 31 14:10:17 CET 2014

Read the comments at the bottom of that blog post.

Note that copying your packages library and updating only works for minor version upgrades... there is no shortcut for a 2.x to 3.x upgrade. That is not your biggest problem though, since not all packages seem to make the jump (become unavailable) during major version changes so some scripts may have to be rewritten to use different approaches anyway.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing