[R] Adjusted R2 for Multivariate Regression Trees (MRT) (ignore the previous message)

David L Carlson dcarlson at tamu.edu
Tue Sep 2 16:21:20 CEST 2014

You should probably pose this question directly to the package author as the function you are using cites an unpublished manuscript as a reference. It appears that the function uses random draws to estimate R2 so each result is approximately correct and no result is exactly correct. You can probably take the mean of the 100 runs as a reasonable estimate. If the estimates are quite variable, you should probably use more than 40 runs by setting T=100 or an even larger number. Multiple runs should then be more similar to one another.

David L Carlson
Department of Anthropology
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77840-4352