[R] strange date format after extracting calendar data with RSQLite

Nuno Prista nmprista at ipma.pt
Wed Sep 3 13:07:45 CEST 2014

Hi,

I have recently downloaded RSQLite with intention of using it to access
googlecalendar data stored in Thunderbird "cache.sqlite" and
"local.sqlite". Thunderbird exports the data just fine as a .ics file
but when I access it directly from R using RSQLite function "dbGetQuery"
I get strange dates. As an examples:

a date stored as
20140818
appears to me in R as
1129528320

a date stored as
20140823
appears to me in R as
-1663476736

I have not been able to make sense of this and I have found no way to
convert it back. I am wondering if anyone has experienced these issues
or have any suggestions what is causing this and how to correct it.

Thank you,

Nuno

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]