[R] using edit to extract codes from vignette failed

John McKown john.archie.mckown at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 18:36:00 CEST 2014

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 11:21 AM, PO SU <rhelpmaillist at 163.com> wrote:

> Tks for correcting me not using the file argument, but the codes you supply  seem still not work.
>
> edit(vignette("grobs",package = "grid")) can't work.
> I am using win7, the latest version of Rstudio which using R.3.1.1.The error is:
> Error in editor(file = file, title = title) :
>   argument "name" is missing, with no default

The following worked for me:

edit(vignette("grobs",package="grid"),editor="notepad")

Sys.info() returns:

> Sys.info()
                     sysname                      release
                   "Windows"                      "7 x64"
                     version                     nodename
"build 7601, Service Pack 1"                 "IT-JMCKOWN"
                     machine                        login
                    "x86-64"                "john.mckown"
                        user               effective_user
               "john.mckown"                "john.mckown"

Apparently there is some option, called editor?, which neither of us
has set. And I guess Rstudio doesn't have a default.

--
There is nothing more pleasant than traveling and meeting new people!
Genghis Khan

Maranatha! <><
John McKown