[R] How to use multi paragraph comment like /* and */ in cpp?

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Sep 9 15:36:59 CEST 2014

    PS> Dear expeRts,    I find it's terrible  when  i want to
    PS> comment multi paragraph (e.g.  a 30 lines function) , i
    PS> have to comment each line with #,  is there any good way
    PS> to do that ?     I investgate it, but found no easy way,
    PS> may you help me ?

Even though I can easily mark such a block and use the general
emacs  comment key    M-;
to comment each of those lines,
I often prefer

 if(FALSE) {

 }

which in the case of a single function definition which is only
one R expression can even do without the braces  {, }
and hence very easily activated/deactivated.