[R] Margins to fill matrix

Charles Determan Jr deter088 at umn.edu
Thu Sep 11 14:09:28 CEST 2014

Do you have an example of what you would like your output to look like?  It
is a little difficult to fully understand what you are looking for.  You
only have 18 values but are looking to fill at 10x8 matrix (i.e. 80
values).  If you can clarify better we may be better able to help you.

Charles

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 3:47 AM, Stefan Petersson <stefan at inizio.se> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have two vector of margins. Now I want to create "fill" matrix that
> reflects the margins.
>
>  seats <- c(17,24,28,30,34,36,40,44,46,50)
>  mandates <- c(107,23,24,19,112,19,25,20)
>
> Both vectors adds up to 349. So I want a 10x8 matrix with row sums
> corresponding to "seats" and column sums corresponding to "mandates".

Dr. Charles Determan, PhD
Integrated Biosciences

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]