[R] 8 fast or 4 very fast cores?

Clint Bowman clint at ecy.wa.gov
Mon Sep 15 18:21:29 CEST 2014

I'm in a similar situation and am looking seriously at a pair of E5-2643v3
(6 cores each-hyperthreaded).

Clint Bowman			INTERNET:	clint at ecy.wa.gov
Air Quality Modeler		INTERNET:	clint at math.utah.edu
Department of Ecology		VOICE:		(360) 407-6815
PO Box 47600			FAX:		(360) 407-7534
Olympia, WA 98504-7600

         USPS:           PO Box 47600, Olympia, WA 98504-7600
         Parcels:        300 Desmond Drive, Lacey, WA 98503-1274