[R] Error in predict.lm() for models without intercept?

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Sep 17 03:00:58 CEST 2014

When I run your code (in the single predictor case) I get exactly what I
would expect.  In particular the standard errors are indeed proportional
to the (absolute) value of x, and the standard error is indeed 0 at x = 0.

The proportionality constant is exactly what it should be, explicitly
s/sqrt(sum(x^2)) where "s" is the estimate of sigma (obtained via
summary(mod)$sigma).

So all is in harmony in the universe.

It is ***VERY*** unlikely that there is any error in predict.lm(), which
has been around and in heavy use for a long, long time.

I don't know what you are seeing to make you think that there is an
error, but I am not seeing anything untoward.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Rolf Turner