[R] Savitzky-Golay Smoother

Erick Okuto erickokuto at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 09:32:42 CEST 2014

Dear Paul and Henrik,
I have a time series with some missing data points that i need smoothed
using Savitzky-Golay filter. Related question was asked  here
http://thr3ads.net/r-help/2012/11/2121748-Savitzky-Golay-filtering-with-missing-data
but no straight forward answer was posted. However, Henrik (cc'd here) did
ask related question on smoothing for reflectance here
http://thr3ads.net/r-help/2004/02/835137-Savitzky-Golay-smoothing-for-reflectance-data
which i have as well been unable to follow up. I will be glad if you could
assist me with some insights on the way forward or point to a relevant
source of help.

I have attached a simple test data plus the R code which only work with non
missing data. I will appreciate any possible assistance.

Thanks,
Erick.
--
*Erick Okuto, Ph.D.*