[R] Obtain 00Index.html

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 13:32:12 CEST 2014

On 30/09/2014, 5:41 AM, Sven E. Templer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> how can I open (by an R command) the index page in html mode, as obtained by:
>
> options(browser="firefox") # or any other
> options(help_type="html")
> ?help
> # and then following the html reference on the page bottom named "Index"
>
> In text mode I know library(help='utils') to open the utils package
> index (as in the example above). Setting options(text_mode="html") and
> options(browser="firefox") does not affect this behaviour. Also in
> ?help.start and ?help (or ?"?") I found no clues.

There is no built-in function that opens that page.  If you want to
write one, the URL is

http://127.0.0.1:XXXXXX/library/PPPPPP/html/00Index.html

where

  -- XXXXXX is the port being used for the help system, available via
tools:::httpdPort.  (If that is 0, call tools::startDynamicHelp() to
start it up.)

  -- PPPPPP is the name of the package whose index you want.

You can look through the tools:::httpd function for other patterns.

Duncan Murdoch